A friend from Palestine put a fritter in front of me. “Eat it,” she demanded. “My kids love this one.”
For gluten-free pancakes I use buckwheat flour or rice flour.
– Cut a head of cauliflower into chunks, cook or steam as you normally do.
– Pour cauliflower in a large bowl and mash.
– Add chopped bunches of herbs (yes the whole bunch). I like one of dill and one of parsley but my friend also recommends parsley and mint as a good pairing. “The more green, the better taste,” she says.
– Add 3 eggs
– Add 1/3 cup of flour
– Add a bunch of chopped green onion
– Salt & pepper to taste, can always add more later.
– Mix this up and drop into hot oiled pan.
– Flip and serve crispy.